PCalc 4 is a brand new version of my veteran calculator application.
It is a fully featured scientific calculator for OS X with support for hexadecimal, octal and binary calculations, as well as an optional RPN mode, parentheses, programmable functions, and an extensive set of unit conversions.
- Switchable button layouts - choose from many different horizontal and vertical layouts to suit your needs. Includes all the layouts from the iPhone and iPad, as well as Mac-specific ones.
- A Notification Center widget on Yosemite for quick access - tap the display to switch to the main app, mid-calculation.
- Calculator themes - pick your look, all the way from minimalist to striking.
- An RPN mode with one button access to the stack, and optional multiple-line display.
- Editable user conversions, functions, and constants which are synced automatically across multiple devices.
- Hexadecimal, octal and binary modes, complete with a variety of bitwise operators.
- A simulated paper tape to keep track of your calculations with a "ticker tape" mode under the main display.
- Smart searching of conversions, functions, and constants. Just search for "$ to £" for example.
- Stylish, consistent user interface.
- Support for Retina displays.
- Full AppleScript support.
- Multiple undo and redo.
- Modern 64-bit Cocoa application.
- Full support for OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Handoff of in-progress calculations between PCalc on iOS 8 and Yosemite.
Click on any of these screenshots for a larger view.
PCalc 4.1 requires OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later, and is fully compatible with 10.10 Yosemite.
You can buy a copy from the Mac App Store by clicking the button below:
It costs $9.99 in the US, price varies in other countries. TLA Systems employs me and my wife Saskia full time, so paying for your copies of PCalc and DragThing really does make a difference to us!
What other people have been saying about PCalc:
|"...a solid, stable and feature-rich app, this Mac veteran can still cut it in the world of OS X...."|
Craig Grannell, Mac Format, June 2014
|"...whether you’re performing serious scientific calculations, doing high-school physics homework, or just converting everyday measures, PCalc has the features and interface for you..."|
Dan Frakes, Macworld, March 2014
|Nearly seven thousand 5-star customer ratings worldwide on the App Store as of May 2014|
|"…the best professional-grade iPhone calculator…"|
Dr. Drang, The Sweet Setup, November 2013
|"…what’s perhaps most impressive about PCalc is that TLA Systems has managed to squeeze so much functionality into the program without making it unwieldy; rather, it’s positively fun to use…"|
Dan Frakes, Macworld, May 2010
|"…PCalc is the app for those of us that need pure power when computing on the iPhone…"|
|"…best calculator for power users…"|
Rob Griffiths, Macworld, December 2008
|"...think of it as the Lexus or BMW of Mac calculators. PCalc has a large following of dedicated users |
because it’s a calculator that does more than the sum of the parts..."
Alexis Kayhill, Mac360, October 2008
|"...for me, buying PCalc was a no-brainer. And I didn’t even need a calculator to figure that out..."|
Dan Frakes, Macworld, August 2008
|"...I like it very much!"|
Guy Kawasaki, Alltop, August 2008
|"...while I’ve seen a few iPhone apps that are really good, PCalc is the best so far..."|
John Gruber, Daring Fireball, July 2008
|"...transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into the coolest scientific calculator ever...."|
Jason Snell, Macworld, July 2008