PCalc is ideal for scientists, engineers, students, programmers, or indeed anybody looking for a feature-rich calculator for the iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
It includes an extensive set of unit conversions, a paper tape, an optional RPN mode, engineering and scientific notation, as well as support for hexadecimal, octal and binary calculations.
It's PCalc at your fingertips!
Based on the popular calculator for the Macintosh, PCalc has been redesigned from the ground up to give the best handheld experience.
- Switchable button layouts - choose from many different horizontal and vertical layouts to suit your needs.
- Calculator themes - pick your look, all the way from minimalist to striking.
- An optional RPN mode with one button access to the stack and optional multiple-line display.
- Editable unit conversions, functions, and constants which are synced automatically across multiple devices.
- Hexadecimal, octal and binary modes, complete with a variety of bitwise operators.
- A simulated paper tape to keep track of your calculations with a "ticker tape" mode under the display.
- Multiple undo and redo. Just flick the LCD to the right and left to reveal the past and future.
- Stylish, consistent user interface.
- Universal build supports both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch in one.
- Full support for iOS 7 and Retina display on all devices.
Click on any of the images to see a bigger version. You can see lots more screenshots here.
iPhone / iPod touch
You can buy PCalc on the App Store by clicking the button below:
It costs $9.99 in the US, price varies in other countries. PCalc is a universal app - one purchase will work on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. No need to buy an "HD" version! PCalc requires iOS 6.0 or later.
In the continuing absence of demos or trial periods in the App Store, the idea behind PCalc Lite is to provide something useful and free that's better than the Apple calculator, but which will also drive interest in the full version. PCalc Lite is a great calculator, but PCalc is even better!
You can now purchase all the extra features from the full version of PCalc from inside PCalc Lite. Buy them individually, or buy everything.
What other people have been saying about PCalc:
|"...a solid, stable and feature-rich app, this Mac veteran can still cut it in the world of OS X...."|
Craig Grannell, Mac Format, June 2014
|"...whether you’re performing serious scientific calculations, doing high-school physics homework, or just converting everyday measures, PCalc has the features and interface for you..."|
Dan Frakes, Macworld, March 2014
|Nearly seven thousand 5-star customer ratings worldwide on the App Store as of May 2014|
|"…the best professional-grade iPhone calculator…"|
Dr. Drang, The Sweet Setup, November 2013
|"…what’s perhaps most impressive about PCalc is that TLA Systems has managed to squeeze so much functionality into the program without making it unwieldy; rather, it’s positively fun to use…"|
Dan Frakes, Macworld, May 2010
|"…PCalc is the app for those of us that need pure power when computing on the iPhone…"|
|"…best calculator for power users…"|
Rob Griffiths, Macworld, December 2008
|"...think of it as the Lexus or BMW of Mac calculators. PCalc has a large following of dedicated users |
because it’s a calculator that does more than the sum of the parts..."
Alexis Kayhill, Mac360, October 2008
|"...for me, buying PCalc was a no-brainer. And I didn’t even need a calculator to figure that out..."|
Dan Frakes, Macworld, August 2008
|"...I like it very much!"|
Guy Kawasaki, Alltop, August 2008
|"...while I’ve seen a few iPhone apps that are really good, PCalc is the best so far..."|
John Gruber, Daring Fireball, July 2008
|"...transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into the coolest scientific calculator ever...."|
Jason Snell, Macworld, July 2008